Code of Conduct
Major League Soccer, its Clubs and its venues are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadiums and facilities. MLS and its Clubs are also deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment, free of discrimination and harassment. This Fan Code of Conduct addresses conduct that is inconsistent with these goals and detracts from the match-day experience.
The following conduct is prohibited in the Stadium and all parking lots, facilities and areas controlled by the Club or MLS:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, threatening or violent in nature, including verbal or physical harassment of match officials, players, staff or fans
- Conduct that is illegal
- Conduct that results in damage to the venue or other personal property
- Displaying signs, symbols, images, using language or making gestures that are threatening, abusive, or discriminatory, including on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, ability, and/or sexual orientation
- Displaying signs, symbols or images for commercial purposes or for electioneering, campaigning or advocating for or against any candidate, political party, legislative issue, or government action
- Entering or attempting to enter the field, the field track, the tunnel or any other location other than that permitted by the fan’s ticket or credential
- Possession of an unauthorized pyrotechnic device, smoke or firework or other Prohibited Items*
- Throwing objects of any kind, including streamers
- Failing to follow requests from venue staff regarding stadium operations, policies and emergency response procedures
- Declining to promptly return a ball that enters the stands
- Irresponsible use or consumption of alcohol or other substances
- Making unauthorized transmissions or play-by-play accounts of the match
- Any behavior that otherwise targets other fans or interferes with other fans’ enjoyment of the game
Any fan who violates any of these provisions may be subject to penalty, including, but not limited to, ejection without refund, loss of ticket privileges for future games and revocation of season tickets. Any fan who (1) conducts themselves in an extremely disruptive or dangerous manner (“Level 1 Offenses”), or (2) commits multiple violations during a 12-month period, may be banned from attending future MLS matches for up to a year or longer.
Level 1 Offenses include, but are not limited to, violent behavior, threatening, abusive or discriminatory conduct or language, trespassing or throwing objects onto the field, use or possession of unauthorized pyrotechnics or other dangerous Prohibited Items, or illegal conduct.
Depending on the nature and severity of the violation, individuals who violate this Fan Code of Conduct may be required to submit a written request for readmission and participate in an online Fan Code of Conduct Education Class (FCEC) in order to be reinstated.
MLS and its Clubs reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who has engaged in harassment of match officials, opposing team members, staff or other fans or who have otherwise violated this Code of Conduct using social or digital media or other forms of communication.
The listed behaviors are prohibited based on safety and violations and will be subject to sanctions.
|LEVEL 1 OFFENSES||SANCTIONS|
Level 1 offenses are considered serious offenses. These will carry a ban ranging from six months to one year based on aggravating and mitigating factors
An individual must provide a written request for readmission and participate in the online Fan Code of Conduct Education Class (FCEC) for his/her access to be reinstated
|LEVEL 2 OFFENSES||SANCTIONS|
Level 2 offenses carry a range of suspensions, depending on if they are the 1st or 2nd offense. Prior to the 1st penalty, individuals can be given a warning for their behavior.
An individual who commits any two offenses in the category has to complete the FCEC before he/she can be reinstated. Any 3rd offense in a 12 month period will trigger a 1 year ban
Under the new league-wide Bag Policy, fans are prohibited from bring the following into a stadium:
- Large purses
- Backpacks of any kind
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
- Camera bags
- Any clear bag larger than 14”x14”x6”
- Weapons of any kind
- Fireworks of any kind
- Illegal drugs or harmful chemicals
- Any missle or projectile-like object
- Signs and/or banners
- Aerosol cans or pressurized containers
- Professional Camera Equipment
- Laser Pointers
- Hover Boards
- Remote controlled aircraft (drones)
- Bottles, cans, coolers, containers, and food or beverage of any kind
- Noisemakers, plastic horns, air horns, whistles
- Pets (with the exception of service animals)
- Canisters and small punch-hole size confetti
- Beach Balls
- Any other items deemed to be inappropriate or dangerous by the stadium staff/security
Anyone with an item that does not pass security measures will be asked to either take the item back to their vehicle or dispose of it. Bags smaller than 14” x 14” x 6” will be thoroughly searched at the bag inspection area.
There is no re-entry policy at Rio Tinto Stadium. In case of medical emergency see a guest services staff member.
Rio Tinto Stadium and Real Salt Lake reserve the right to remove fans that do not adhere to stadium guidelines or fans code of conduct.
Rio Tinto Stadium Fan Texting – 801-996-4042 – Please text our guest services team if you need any assistance or for reporting unruly/disruptive fans, seating issues, or suspicious activity.