Broadcast, Marketing and Public Relations Internships
Real Salt Lake offers a unique opportunity for students to work within the Broadcast, Marketing and PR departments. The Real Salt Lake internship program will provide students with a fast-paced, hands-on experiential learning experience within a professional sports environment.
These paid internships are awarded on an annual basis. Real Salt Lake is currently seeking qualified applicants for the 2017 Major League Soccer season. If you are a student or recent graduate with initiative, dedication, a strong work ethic and sincere interest in Real Salt Lake, we encourage you to submit an application!
The RSL internship program is vital to the success of the organization as a whole. The efforts and contributions of the interns are heavily depended upon, thus it is essential that each intern recognize the importance of a strong commitment to RSL and the internship program. In return, the RSL Broadcast, Marketing and PR Department promises you one of the best hands-on internship experiences available.
Each internship offered requires a minimum commitment of working every RSL home game in the 2017 season. Office hours are not strictly required or enforced, but heavily encouraged. In addition, there are opportunities for work in the community with various programs and special events managed by the Sponsorship Department and the RSL Foundation.
Video Production Intern
Real Salt Lake is seeking hardworking, positive and motivated individuals to fulfill a wide range of media related responsibilities in the Broadcast Department. This internship is catered towards creative individuals who understand and embrace the importance of digital storytelling, social media and video content in a professional sports organization.
Focus on expanding the RSL brand through multiple platforms
Produce video content for the club
Collaborate with the Video Production and Digital teams
Produce pregame previews, game recaps and post game reactions
Fulfill media requests for outside media outlets
Assist videographers and photographers with on-field productions
Assist with social media platforms
Basic understanding of video camera functionality, lighting, audio and production techniques
Knowledge of DSLR cameras is preferred
Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, FinalCut or Avid
Ability to work ALL home RSL and/or Monarchs games in the 2017 season is preferred.
A sense of humor
Professional attitude and ability to work with others
Ability to work under pressure, manage deadlines and take direction
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
For more information, please send a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Athletic Training Intern
Reports To: Head Athletic Trainer, Assistant Athletic Trainer
Five interns will be selected as part of Real Salt Lake’s Athletic Training internship selection process. Each internship position is part-time and begins March 1, although additional help during preseason may be required. Conclusion of the internship is December 1, but it too may vary based upon playoffs, CONCACAF, or the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Athletic Training interns are expected to assist the sports medicine staff in providing the highest quality care to Real Salt Lake athletes. You are also asked to seek out and take advantage of opportunities to become an integral part of patient care and rehabilitation. In addition to the aforementioned details, interns are also expected to aid in common daily Athletic Training duties, pre-training set-up and breakdown, and assist Real Salt Lake staff however necessary.
- Assist in providing athletic training services to Real Salt Lake athletes, this includes attendance at scheduled team practices and home competitions
- Maintain Athletic Training equipment and facilities
- Actively participate in daily team activities and Athletic Training duties
- Aid in daily treatment documentation
- Function as a member of the Stretcher Crew during home competitions
- Key interactions are with the staff Athletic Trainers, Strength & Conditioning staff, team physicians, and coaches
- Work with the Sports Medicine and Strength & Conditioning staff in team testing such as: Real Salt Lake Functional Movement Screen, return to play testing, and baseline concussion evaluations
- Collaborate with Sports Medicine staff regarding patient care and transportation to and from physician appointments
- Currently enrolled in a CAATE accredited Athletic Training program OR Certified Athletic Trainer.
- American Heart Association AED/CPR Certification for the healthcare provider.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Previous soccer experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
If you are interested please read this internship expectations document and review the application process, and then submit to Tyler Knight at email@example.com
Job Title: Event Staff
Full-Time/Part-Time: Part Time - Temporary Job
Description: CSC Event Staff provide general guest services to sports and entertainment events. CSC Event Staff responsibilities include:
- Completing venue-specific training;
- Greeting guests as they enter and leave the event;
- Enforcing venue policies and procedures;
- Answering questions, resolving complaints, giving directions;
- Taking / checking tickets;
- Ushering / stewardship;
- Directing parking;
- Reporting suspicious activity and violations of venue policy;
- Conducting safety inspections and reporting unsafe conditions or other hazards;
- Responding to guest conflicts and other incidents;
- Completing written incident reports;
- Assisting with evacuations and other crowd management duties.
CSC Event Staff must have a positive attitude, present a professional image, and possess excellent observation and communication skills; good judgment; integrity; self-discipline; and give strong attention to Branch Manager, Event Manager and Supervisor directives.
Requirements: Candidates seeking employment with Contemporary Services Corporation as Event Staff must be:
- Eligible and authorized to work in the United States;
- At least 18 years of age; A high school graduate (diploma, GED or equivalent);
- Able to speak, read and write English;
- Available to work some nights and weekends;
- Able to work while standing for 4 to 8 hours, with accommodation if necessary;
- Willing and able to work outside in the event conditions.
Apply online at www.CSC-USA.com or call 801-463-0242.