Five Fast Facts about new RSL signing Moses Nyeman:
- After signing as a Homegrown Player for D.C. United at the age of 15 in 2019, Nyeman made his Major League Soccer debut with United in 2020. He would go on to make 32 appearances for the Black-and-Red, providing three assists from midfield including this impressive pass to former teammate, Nigel Robertha.
- Nyeman’s impressive play in Major League Soccer at such a young age caught the eye of scouts and fans across the world. In the winter of 2019, he was selected to train with European giants Borussia Dortmund’s U19 team.
- In 2020, Nyeman was named to the Guardian’s prestigious “60 of the world’s best young talents” list. Other names on the list include players such as Bayern Munich’s Jamal Musiala, Bayern Leverkusen’s Florian Wirtz, Leeds United’s Wilfred Gnoto and formerly of the Chicago Fire, now of Aston Villa, Jhon Duran.
- Born in Monrovia, Liberia, the young midfielder is eligible to represent both Liberia and the United States internationally. He’s appeared for the U.S. Youth National Team U-16s and U-17s. In 2021 he was invited to train with the U.S. Men’s National Team ahead of the Gold Cup, his first time participating in an USMNT camp.
- Still only 19 years old, Nyeman already has an impressive amount of MLS experience with 32 appearances to his name (17 of them starts). Going into the 2022 MLS season, MLS.com writer Matthew Doyle picked him as D.C. United’s breakout candidate. Nyeman would then make two starts for United before transferring to Belgian second division side S.K. Beveren in August, 2022. The midfielder who has continued to show flashes of the talent that got him named to the Guardian’s “Best Young Talent” list will look to further push his career at Real Salt Lake in 2023 and beyond.