REAL SALT LAKE PLAYS TO SCORELESS DRAW WITH FC DALLAS
GK Nick Rimando Earns Career Shutout 150 in Draw; DF Justen Glad Becomes First RSL Homegrown to Reach 100 Regular Season Appearances
FRISCO, Texas (Saturday, July 27, 2019) – Real Salt Lake (9-9-4, 31 points) played to a 0-0 draw with FC Dallas on Saturday night in front of 14,747 fans in Frisco, Texas.
GK Nick Rimando earned career shutout 150 in draw at FC Dallas, his 114th in an RSL uniform.
Through the first 20 minutes of the match, RSL held 53% of the possession and forced FC Dallas goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez into several saves to begin the match. RSL’s best chance of the opening 45 minutes fell to DF Marcelo Silva but his header in first half stoppage time saw a flying save from Gonzalez deny the headed effort.
In the 56th minute, FW Corey Baird saw a chance fall squarely to his feet in the penalty area but his strong effort at goal was met with a reaction save again from Gonzalez as RSL continued to apply pressure. A sturdy RSL backline held firm throughout the second half, limiting the host’s opportunities as the match came to a close in a scoreless draw with both sides taking a point on the night.
UP NEXT: Real Salt Lake returns home to face New York City FC on Saturday, August 3 at Rio Tinto Stadium. Kickoff from Sandy is set for 8:00p MT.
- DF Tony Beltran (knee), DF Nedum Onuoha (adductor) and FW Sam Johnson (quad) were out of action due to injury. MF Albert Rusnák was unavailable to due to a minor knee issue and was held out as a precaution.
- DF Justen Glad made his 100th regular season appearance for RSL against FC Dallas. He becomes the first RSL homegrown player to reach 100 regular season appearances.
- Head Coach Mike Petke was be suspended for the match against FC Dallas due to a pending investigation into his conduct directed at the match officials following the Leagues Cup match against Tigres UANL on Wednesday night.
- With the draw, RSL’s streak of not conceding a goal through the run of play extends to six matches.
- After the match, FC Dallas Unified hosted RSL Unified as FC Dallas claimed a 2-0 victory.
Match: Real Salt Lake at FC Dallas
Date: July 27, 2019
Venue: Toyota Stadium; Frisco, Texas
Weather: Sunny and 90 degrees
Scoring Summary: 1 2 F
Real Salt Lake 0 0 0
FC Dallas 0 0 0
Real Salt Lake (4-2-3-1): Nick Rimando; Aaron Herrera, Marcelo Silva, Justen Glad, Donny Toia; Everton Luiz, Kyle Beckerman; Jefferson Savarino (Tate Schmitt, 90’+5), Damir Kreilach, Sebastian Saucedo (Brooks Lennon, 78’); Corey Baird (Nick Besler, 88’)
Subs not used: Andrew Putna, Erik Holt, Luke Mulholland, Joao Plata
FC Dallas: (4-2-3-1): Jesse Gonzalez; Reggie Cannon, Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler, Ryan Hollingshead; Bryan Acosta, Brandon Servania (Paxton Pomykal, 58’), Michael Barrios, Jesus Ferreira, Santiago Mosquera (Edwin Gyasi, 69’); Dominique Badji (Zdenek Ondrasek, 85’)
Subs not used: Kyle Zobek, Bryan Reynolds, Bressan, Jacori Hayes
Stats Summary: FCD / RSL
Shots: 10 / 17
Shots on Goal: 2 / 5
Saves: 5 / 2
Corner Kicks: 6 / 3
Fouls: 15 / 10
Offside: 2 / 1
FCD – Reggie Cannon (caution) 35’
FCD – Bryan Acosta (caution) 67’
RSL – Justen Glad (caution) 90’+2
Referee: Ramy Touchan
Assistant Referees: Frank Anderson, Jeremy Hanson
4th Official: Kevin Broadley
VAR: Drew Fischer
AVAR: Jeff Muschik