Get to Know Braian Ojeda
Braian Ojeda joins Real Salt Lake as the Club’s first-ever U-22 Initiative player, a roster mechanism designed to allow MLS clubs to sign players age 22 and younger, to lucrative contracts at a reduced budget charge, decreasing the risk associated with acquiring or retaining players who are still approaching their prime.
Here is everything you need to know about Ojeda’s career prior to joining RSL:
- Ojeda, 22, was born in San Lorenzo, Paraguay.
- He began his professional career as a teenager in his home country of Paraguay with Club Olimpia in the Paraguayan Primera Division, the top-flight professional league in Paraguay.
- During his first professional season, he helped Olimpia clinch the The Campeonato de Clausura, for the 42nd time in club history, gaining qualification into the Copa Libertadores group stage.
- In three years with Olimpia, Ojeda appeared in 35 matches, recording one goal and one assist. Ojeda scored his first and only professional goal on February 21, 2021, a 3-0 victory for Olimpia over Club Guarani.
- During the 2019-2020 season, Ojeada was loaned out to Defensa y Justicia in the Primera Division, the top division in Argentina.
- While with Defensa y Justicia Ojeada appeared in 12 matches.
- On August 31, 2021, Ojeda moved to Nottingham Forest in the EFL Championship, the second-highest division in English football.
- This past year Ojeda helped Nottingham Forest earn promotion into the English Premier League for the first time since the 1998-99 season. At the international level the midfielder has recorded four appearances for Paraguay, all in FIFA World Cup qualification matches. Ojeda made his senior national team debut as a substitute in the 65th minute against Ecuador, a 2-0 loss for Paraguay.