- Oviedo is the first Costa Rican at RSL since Alvaro Saborio (2010-15, 63 goals in 127 matches) in 2015 and just the fifth overall to play with Real Salt Lake. The remaining three include Douglas Sequeira (2006, 1 goal in 18 matches), Jafet Soto (2006, 1 goal in 8 matches) and Daniel Torres (2006-07, 26 matches).
- There are currently eight Costa Ricans playing in Major League Soccer, making Oviedo the ninth. Including Oviedo, four play in the Western Conference, including Julio Cascante (Austin FC), Randall Leal (Nashville SC) and Marvin Loria (Portland Timbers)
- Should he appear with Costa Rica in the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, Oviedo will become one of just six RSL players to appear in a FIFA World Cup, joining Kyle Beckerman, (United States in 2014) Robbie Findley (United States in 2010), Eddie Pope (2006), Nick Rimando (United States in 2014) and Douglas Sequeira (Costa Rica in 2006). Additionally, Alvaro Saborio also played with Costa Rica in the 2007 FIFA World Cup but was not part of RSL at the time.
- After playing five seasons for the Premier League club Everton, Oviedo considers himself and his family as fans, even calling his son an “Evertonian.” Oviedo also appeared in the Netflix documentary “Sunderland till I Die” during his time with club. After Sunderland was finally promoted back to the Championship in 2022, Oviedo who was now at FC Copenhagen sent a message on his Twitter account congratulating the fans.
- Oviedo was named “Player of the Final” in the 2012 Danish Cup final in which FC Copenhagen won 1-0 against AC Horsens.