It’s “Home Opener Eve” for Real Salt Lake, and the RSL News Stand is here to help get you ready, both for tomorrow’s kickoff against New York and the rest of the action during Major League Soccer’s Week 2 slate …
I highly suggest coming to the RSL vs. Chivas USA on Saturday. It will be beautiful weather, and Real Salt Lake will dominate! #RSL
Thanks to all the fans who came out to watch us today at America First Field.
Love seeing the mountains every morn!!!!http://pic.twitter.com/CVHBkv4F
Finishing my morning lift with an ice bath. Timer needs to hurry so I can make kickoff for the reserve game! Have to support all my#mates!
RSL Quick Kicks
- Congratulations go out to the growing family of midfield maestro Javier Morales, who had an excused absence from Tuesday’s MLS Reserve League contest following the birth of his second son, Mateo, early yesterday morning.
- Real Salt Lake fans will have a half-hour of Sebastian Velasquez’s undivided attention this afternoon, as the rookie midfielder will host a live chat on RSL’s Facebook fan page, beginning between 1:00-1:30 p.m.
- RSL’s Tuesday injury report was much lighter than in weeks past, as DF Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain) and MF Will Johnson (bi-lateral adductor strain) were both upgraded to questionable in advance of Saturday’s game against Chivas USA, while striker Álvaro Saborío (R internal knee injury) was bumped up to probable after going the full 90 minutes in yesterday’s Reserve League contest against Sporting KC.
Today’s training will be split-squad style, with players logging heavy minutes in said 1-1 draw with Sporting KC Reserves yesterday doing regeneration exercises at Rio Tinto Stadium with the rest of the squad undergoing a regular session at America First Field:
- Regen at RTS: Alvarez, Bonfigli, Borchers, Cruz, de Almeida, Estridge, Johnson, Martinez, Muniz, Reynish, Saborio and Steele
- Training at America First Field: Beckerman, Beltran, Espindola, Fernandez, Gil, Grabavoy, Olave, Orellana, Paulo Jr, Rimando, Salcedo, Schuler, Tanaka, Velasquez and Wingert
- After going the full 90 minutes in yesterday’s Reserve League contest, defender Chris Estridge will remain on the Wasatch Front to trial with the Claret-and-Cobalt through next week’s MLSRL fixture at Chicago. In addition, RSL-Arizona Academy products DF Carlos Salcedo and FW Maikon Orellana will also stick around and train with the first team through next Tuesday’s MLSRL road contest.
RSL News Stand “A/V Club”
RSL News and Notes
MLS News and Notes
US Soccer & International New & Notes