Fan voting for this summer's MLS All-Star Game began on June 10. On Thursday, a new element was added: The Twitter vote.
How does the Twitter vote work? Here's all you need to know:
- Votiing is open from 10 a.m. MT on Thursday until 9:59 p.m. MT on Friday. It's a short window, so vote for your favorite RSL players early and often.
An eligible vote consists of the hashtag #MLSAllStar
AND the player's full name (first and last required) with or without a space.
- Example: Kyle Beckerman or KyleBeckerman
OR their Twitter handle
- Example: @NickRimando
- AND the player's full name (first and last required) with or without a space.
- Fans may vote for multiple players in a tweet; however fans may not vote for a single player multiple times within one tweet.
Fans may only vote for players on the All-Star ballot
- The six RSL players on the ballot are: Kyle Beckerman, Tony Beltran, Nat Borchers, Javier Morales, Nick Rimando and Alvaro Saborio. Click here to see the full ballot.
- There is no limit to the number of tweet votes fans can submit for any one player. Like we said, vote early and vote often.
- Each Twitter vote counts equal to one text vote or one online vote.
Don't have Twitter? No, worries. Click here to fill out the standard online ballot. Vote RSL!