SANDY, Utah – Real Salt Lake will give the Beehive State’s best young talent the chance to showcase their skills – and potentially enter the ranks of the RSL youth development program – on May 24-25, when it will host tryouts for its RSL-Arizona Academy U-16 and U-18 teams. The tryouts will be held at Jordan High School in Sandy, located at 95 E. Beetdigger Blvd.
The full RSL-Arizona Academy staff will be joined by RSL Head Scout Andy Williams to evaluate the talent on-hand during the tryouts. RSL invites players born from 1995-1998 to participate in the tryouts.
All participants will be required to pre-register for the tryouts, with no walk-up registration permitted. Registration includes payment of the $50 registration fee and the process must include completion of the following items:
- Registration form (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD)
- Release of liability/consent form (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD)
- Copy of birth certificate
Registration can be submitted using any of the following methods
- Via email (including electronically scanned versions of completed documents) to Teresa Nelson at tnelson@RealSaltLake.com
- Via fax to 801-727-1459 (ATTN: RSL Youth Academy Tryouts)
- Via U.S. Mail to Real Salt Lake, ATTN: RSL Youth Academy Tryouts; 9256 State St.; Sandy, Utah 84070
- In person at the Real Salt Lake front office at Rio Tinto Stadium
The Real Salt Lake youth development tryouts will consist of several game practices and exercises designed to show the coaching staff the player’s range of ability, skills, speed and athleticism. It is an informal session, aimed at giving players the opportunity to display their talent and to obtain an assessment of their potential from a Real Salt Lake Academy Staff Coach.
After being determined a top player by the RSL Academy staff by performing well over the weekend, players may be invited back to participate in RSL’s youth development program, possibly including an invitation to join the RSL-Arizona residential academy.
The crown jewel of Real Salt Lake’s youth development program is the RSL-Arizona Academy, the United States’ first soccer residency program affiliated with a Major League Soccer club. Based out of the state-of-the-art Grande Sports World training facility in Casa Grande, Ariz., the goal of the RSL-Arizona Academy is straightforward – to teach the next generation of potential Real Salt Lake players how to train and play “the RSL way” while providing them with a quality education both on and off the field. Headed by one of the most experienced coaching staffs in the country, the RSL-Arizona Academy is currently in its third season of play in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy, the country’s highest tier of youth soccer featuring 80 clubs fielding teams in both the U-15/16 and U-17/18 age groups.
Following is the full schedule for the Real Salt Lake youth development tryouts. Players must attend all applicable tryouts to be considered for selection to the RSL-AZ Academy.
- Friday, May 24 – 5:00-7:00 p.m. MT – Players born in 1995-1996
- Friday, May 24 – 7:00-9:00 p.m. MT – Players born in 1997-1998
- Saturday, May 25 – 8:00-9:30 a.m. MT – Players born in 1995-1996
- Saturday, May 25 – 9:30-11:00 a.m. MT – Players born in 1997-1998
- Saturday, May 25 – 1:00-2:30 p.m. MT – Players born in 1995-1996
- Saturday, May 25 – 2:30-4:00 p.m. MT – Players born in 1997-1998