“REAL WEEK 2012” CALENDAR KICKS OFF MONDAY
Listing of Official Club Events Leading up Saturday’s 2012 Rio Tinto Stadium Opener vs. New York Red Bulls
SANDY, Utah (Sunday, March 11, 2012) – Real Salt Lake is proud to announce the return of its annual “Real Week” celebration, featuring a full week of events leading up to the squad’s 2012 Rio Tinto Stadium opener this Saturday, March 17 against the New York Red Bulls. The full Real Week 2012 schedule is as follows:
Friday, March 16
- All day long, fans are asked to wear their Claret-and-Cobalt to work and school in anticipation of bringing the Salt Lake valley – and all of Utah – to a fever pitch in anticipation of the next day’s season opener against New York!
- RSL’s Facebook fans are invited to an open practice at Rio Tinto Stadium – only those that RSVP through the “Real Week” tab at RSL’s official Facebook Fan Page will be able to gain entrance to watch the Claret-and-Cobalt wrap up preparations for Saturday showdown against the Red Bulls. For practice times, fans can visit RealSaltLake.com on Monday morning for the full weekly training schedule.
- Close out your work week in style at the RSL Team Store’s popular “Friday Friendly” event from 4:00-7:00 p.m., when fans can enjoy live music by DJ Sayo, free refreshments by Levy Restaurants, and fresh deals on RSL merchandise! The Friday Friendly will also mark the last opportunity for fans to enter the weeklong “Win a Dream Kit” contest, which began over the weekend. The ultimate of the 11 contest winners will receive a free personalized 2012 authentic RSL jersey.
Saturday, March 17
- RSL fans are urged to buck St. Patrick’s Day tradition and “make red the new green” by wearing their claret gear all day long and to Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday in order to fill the stands with red against the Red Bulls.
- The festivities in Sandy will officially begin at 6:00 p.m. MT, when the Carnival Real pre-game festival will open to the public on Rio Tinto Stadium’s East Lawn. Highlights of the Opening Night Carnival will include the announcement of the 11 “Win a Dream Kit” contest winners and KBULL’s “Jello Jump” stunt.
- At 7:30 p.m., RSL supporters invite fans to join them at Rio Tinto’s Stadium South East gate for the start of their “March around The RioT” on the stadium’s concourse, leading the charge to be in the stands by the time warm-ups end on the field.
- Then at 8:00 p.m. it’s time kickoff for Real Salt Lake’s 2012 home opener against the New York Red Bulls, led by international superstar striker Thierry Henry. Tickets for this Saturday’s contest in Sandy still remain, and fans are invited to browse the “Tickets” section of www.RealSaltLake.com to check out available seating options from single-game tickets to 2012 RSL Season Ticket plans.