Injuries seem to be the topic of the day here at the RSL News Stand on this Sunday morning, with both the Deseret News and MLSsoccer.com catching up on the latest updates from the team’s training room …
Very disappointed to have caught an injury. Have to deal with it and come back stronger and hungrier than ever.
This Is a Blessing From God and The Only Way I Can Show My Appreciation Is Giving My All For This Jersey! <3 RSL pic.twitter.com/8XDPuHwl
RSL’s “Quick Restarts”
- Rather than hit the fresh snow that fell overnight, RSL’s staff decided to postpone its annual snowshoeing hike in favor of an off day on the eve of its two-week return trip to Tucson.
- For the record, RSL’s official injury report is as follows: Kyle Beckerman (R adductor strain), Tony Beltran (L adductor strain) Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain), Will Johnson (R adductor strain), Javier Morales (R quadriceps strain), Álvaro Saborío (R internal knee injury) and Chris Wingert (R hip flexor strain)
- Former RSL striker Robbie Findley came off the bench to score Nottingham Forest’s late insurance tally in a 2-0 win over Coventry in English nPower Championship action on Saturday. The goal broke a scoreless drought for the Phoenix native that dated back to November. Head over to The Original Winger to see both of Nottingham Forest’s goals on the day (and both are worth seeing!).
The RSL 3-Day Forecast
Sunday: February 19: Off Day
Monday, Feb. 20:
- Media availability at SLC Int’l Airport – Delta Airlines counter from 8:15-8:30 a.m. MT
- Travel to Tucson, Ariz., for FC Tucson Desert Diamond Cup preseason tournament
Tuesday: February 21: Training at 11:00 a.m. (location TBA)
*** Please note that, unless otherwise indicated, RSL training sessions are entirely open to members of the media and public. While all RSL players and coaches are scheduled to be available for interviews following training session, media members looking for availability for specific players can arrange their requests through RSL Asst. Director of Media Services John Koluder at 801-918-5050 or jkoluder@RealSaltLake.com.
RSL News & Notes
MLS/US Soccer News & Notes