REAL SALT LAKE CANCELS THURSDAY PRACTICE, CONFIRMS RIO TINTO STADIUM FOR FRIDAY’S SESSION
RSL’s Final Training Session Prior to Weekend’s “Class of 2005 Reunion” against Chivas USA Starts Friday at 11:00 a.m. MT;
Chivas USA to also Train Friday at Rio Tinto Stadium at 5:00 p.m.
SANDY, Utah (Wednesday, March 21, 2012) – Real Salt Lake has adjusted its training schedule for the remainder of the week, with the coaching staff giving the full roster the day off from practice on Thursday before finalizing preparations for its weekend clash against Chivas USA at Rio Tinto Stadium on Friday.
The Friday morning session at Rio Tinto Stadium will begin at 11:00 a.m. MT, and media members are advised to arrive by 11:40 a.m. for b-roll opportunities and to ensure access to the full RSL roster as players exit the field.
Chivas USA will arrive in market Friday and also train at Rio Tinto Stadium at 5:00 p.m.; for information on player/coach access following the Goats’ session, please contact Chivas USA Public Relations Coordinator Richard Castillo at email@example.com or 310-982-3656 (mobile)
Real Salt Lake (2-0-0, 6 pts.) will look to maintain its perfect start in Major League Soccer this Saturday, March 24, when it plays host to former assistant coach Robin Fraser’s Chivas USA (0-2-0, 0 pts.) side in Sandy. Kickoff at Rio Tinto Stadium is set for 7:00 p.m. MT, while the pre-game festivities will begin at 5:00 p.m. with the opening of the Carnival Real festival on the stadium’s East Lawn.
With Rio Tinto Stadium expected to reach full capacity for Saturday’s contest, fans are encouraged to purchase their seats in advance online via the Zions Bank Ticket Outlet on RealSaltLake.com, over the phone by calling 801-727-2700 or in person at the Rio Tinto Stadium Box Office weekdays from 10:00-6:00 p.m. and on gameday beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Real Salt Lake Schedule, March 22-25, 2012
*** Please note that, unless otherwise indicated, RSL training sessions are entirely open to members of the media and public. While all RSL players and coaches are scheduled to be available for interviews following training session, media members looking for availability for specific players can arrange their requests through RSL Asst. Director of Media Services John Koluder at 801-918-5050 or jkoluder@RealSaltLake.com.
Thursday, March 22: Off Day
Friday, March 23:
- Real Salt Lake training at Rio Tinto Stadium – 11:00 a.m. MT; Media advised to arrive by 11:40 a.m. to ensure access to all players
- Chivas USA training at Rio Tinto Stadium – 5:00 p.m. MT; For information on player/coach access following session, please contact Chivas USA Public Relations Coordinator Richard Castillo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-982-3656 (mobile)
Saturday, March 24: Real Salt Lake (2-0-0, 6 pts.) v. Chivas USA (0-2-0, 0 pts.)
- Kickoff: 7:00 p.m. MT from Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah
- TV: CW30 (30-minute post-game show at 9:00 p.m.)
- English Radio: ESPN700/ESPN700Sports.com (pre-game coverage begins at 6:00 p.m.)
- Spanish Radio: La Gran D 102.3 FM & Juan 1600 AM
Sunday, March 25: TBD