REAL SALT LAKE GAME NOTES & PREVIEW – SATURDAY, APRIL 9 @ NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION
Road Trip Takes RSL from Central America to Southern Mass. for Return to League Play;
ESPN 700 to Host Official RSL Watch Parties at ‘Bout Time! Pub & Grub’s Three Valley Locations;
MLS Game Guide, Satellite & Video/Audio Preview Soundbyte Information for Saturday’s Match Included
How to Follow Real Salt Lake vs. New England Revolution
- TV: KUTV2 CBS [2.1 over-the-air, Comcast Ch. 2 & 654 (HD)]
- Radio: ESPN 700 / ESPN700Sports.com (English) (pre-game coverage begins at 4:30 p.m. MT), ESPN Deportes 1600 / Juan 106.1-FM (Spanish)
- Online: Live updates via Official RSL Twitter Feed (@RealSaltLake) and MLS MatchCenter on RealSaltLake.com; live streaming video available feed via MLS MatchDay Live at MLSsoccer.com (subscription required)
ESPN 700 to Host RSL Watch Parties at Three ‘Bout Time! Pub & Grub Locations
ESPN 700 Sports and Real Salt Lake invite fans to watch Saturday’s 5:30 p.m. MT kickoff at New England alongside their fellow RSL fanatics at any one of the RSL Watch Parties taking place at the three ‘Bout Time! Pub & Grub locations currently open across the Salt Lake Valley. All locales have a full menu for “Claret-and-Cobalt crazies” to enjoy, and anyone wearing RSL gear will receive 25% off all appetizers during the match. Check out details below, as some pubs are open for all ages and others are just 21 and older:
- Jordan Landing (21+ yrs old): 3778 W. Center View Way #150 in West Jordan. Located directly in front of the Cinemark Theater. This location sells the full range of alcoholic beverages (liquor, wine, beer). All guests must be over 21 and have their ID scanned. Call 801-280-1000 for more details on the Jordan Landing location.
- Old Mill Village (ALL AGES; Minors must be accompanied by an adult): 6522 S. Big Cottonwood Canyon Rd. in Holladay. Located just off 3000 East and 6200 South. This location currently offers only beer, and minors are permitted in this location as long as they are accompanied by someone over the age of 21. For more information on the Old Mill Village location, please call 801-733-0228.
- Taylorsville (ALL AGES; Minors must be accompanied by an adult): 5592 S. Redwood Rd. Located in the Family Center behind the Carl's Jr. and next to Einstein Bagels. This location is beer only for now. Minors are permitted in this location as long as they are accompanied by someone over the age of 21. For more information on the Taylorsville location, please call 801-968-1444.
Additional ‘Bout Time! Pub & Grub locations will be opening later this spring at the Maverik Center in West Valley City and in downtown Salt Lake City at The Gateway shopping center. For further information on “your favorite neighborhood hangout,” visit ‘Bout Time’s website at www.bouttimepub.com.
SANDY, Utah (Friday, April 8, 2011) – Two of the five remaining undefeated teams in Major League Soccer’s 2011 campaign will go head-to-head this Saturday, April 9, when the New England Revolution (1-0-3, 6 pts.) welcome Real Salt Lake (2-0-0, 6 pts.) for a East vs. West showdown at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. Kickoff for the cross-conference affair is set for 5:30 p.m. MT, and fans all across the Beehive State can watch the Claret-and-Cobalt’s first appearance of the season on local CBS affiliate KUTV2 [2.1 over-the-air, Comcast 2 & 654 (HD)].
Real Salt Lake will be looking to extend its ongoing 16-match regular season undefeated streak (8-0-8), which stands alone as the third-longest in MLS regular season history, now three games behind 19-game runs by FC Dallas (2010) – which RSL ended in Sandy last October – and the Columbus Crew (2004-05). The stretch includes an eight-game undefeated run on the road (2-0-6), which is currently tied for the fourth-longest away unbeaten streak in League annals. On the opposite side of the field, New England will attempt to justify its surprising early-season perch atop the Eastern Conference standings, its three draws to date all coming against Western Conference opposition (@ LA, v. POR and @ VAN).
Real Salt Lake enjoys a slim advantage in its regular season series against New England, its 5-4-3 overall mark against Saturday’s opponent aided by a respectable 2-2-2 record in games contested at Gillette Stadium. Real Salt Lake tasted victory after both meetings with the Revs in 2010, following a 5-0 pasting of New England on July 2 at Rio Tinto Stadium with a gritty 2-1 triumph in Foxborough last Oct. 2. In that contest, goals from Nat Borchers and Álvaro Saborío allowed the Claret-and-Cobalt to register their first-ever road victory on an artificial turf surface, moving the Utah side’s away record on FieldTurf to 1-7-5.
MLS Game Guide for Real Salt Lake @ New England Now Available Online
Following is the link to the Adobe PDF file for the MLS Game Guide (Media Notes) in advance Saturday’s Real Salt Lake-New England Revolution match-up at Gillette Stadium. If you have any problems obtaining the document, would prefer to receive the document as attachment, or are seeking more information on the match, please contact John Koluder in the RSL Communications Department via email at jkoluder@RealSaltLake.com.