“REAL WEEK 2011” KICKS OFF MONDAY
Week of Events to Lead up to Saturday’s Massive MLS Home Opener against the Los Angeles Galaxy
SANDY, Utah (Sunday, March 20, 2011) – Real Salt Lake is proud to announce the return of its annual “Real Week” celebration, featuring a full week of events leading up to the squad’s 2011 MLS Home Opener this Saturday, March 26 against the Los Angeles Galaxy. The full Real Week 2011 schedule is as follows:
Sunday – KUTV2’s Talkin’ Sports
- As a prelude to the events taking place across the Salt Lake Valley and beyond, tune into tonight’s edition of KUTV2’s Talkin’ Sports with host David James, beginning at 10:35 p.m. MT. “DJ” will recap last night’s season-opening 1-0 win at the San Jose Earthquakes and give a primer on what to expect when RSL and the Galaxy face off in Major League Soccer’s marquee match-up of Week 2 come Saturday night.
Monday – Social Media Day
- A day for members of RSL Nation near and far starts at 10:00 a.m. MT, when RSL will send out messages via its Official Twitter and Facebook accounts at the top of the hour until 5:00 p.m. to fans on where to meet front office members around Salt Lake, Davis and Utah Counties, with the first person to arrive at each location receiving RSL gifts.
- In addition, midfielder Andy Williams – RSL’s unofficial “king of social media” and the last remaining member of the original 2005 roster – will host a 30-minute chat with fans on RSL’s Official Facebook Fan Page at 4:00 p.m. as part of the Utah side’s “Facebook Race” against the Galaxy. With both teams recently surpassing the 50,000 fan mark on their respective pages, the teams will be calling on their supporters all week to make sure their side has more “likes” than their Western Conference counterpart by the time kick off rolls around Saturday night in Sandy.
Tuesday – Claret-and-Cobalt Day
- Real Salt Lake will encourage all of its fans to wear their RSL gear out and about to show the growing support of RSL Nation. Fans can submit photos of themselves donning the Claret-and-Cobalt to RSL’s Facebook page and will be encouraged to change their social media avatars to RSL-themed avatars.
Wednesday – Annual Supporter Summit / Street Team Canvassing
- Real Salt Lake will host its Third Annual Supporters Summit for all members of the club’s Supporters Groups in the Rio Tinto Stadium Budweiser Club restaurant (2nd floor) from 6:00-7:30 p.m. The evening events will feature and question-and-answer session with RSL General Manager Garth Lagerwey.
- Throughout the morning and afternoon, Real Salt Lake’s Soccer Street Team will travel throughout the Salt Lake Valley, featuring jugglers, giveaways, and even a soccer therapist!
Thursday – Street Team Canvassing
- Once again, the RSL Soccer Street Team will mobilize throughout the Salt Lake area to entertain and spread the word of Saturday night’s MLS Home Opener.
Friday – “Radio Blitz”
matter what type of music you listen to over the radio airwaves, you’ll
likely hear from a Real Salt Lake player on Friday, when the club’s
players, coaches will go on a “radio blitz” of five local stations. The following RSL
personalities will conduct interviews and give away two tickets for Saturday's match against Los Angeles on the following stations:
- Mix 107.9 - Andy Williams - 7:00 a.m. hour
- B98.7's "Todd & Erin in the Morning - Nat Borchers - 8:20 a.m.
- X96's "Radio from Hell" show - Nick Rimando - 9:00 a.m.
- KBER 101.1's "Freak Show" w/ Mick & Allen - Chris Wingert - 2:30 p.m.
- U92's Kevin Cruise - Kyle Beckerman - 5:00 p.m. hour
Saturday – RSL v. L.A. Galaxy at Rio Tinto Stadium
- Real Week will culminate
Saturday at 7:00 p.m. MT, when
Real Salt Lake will play host to the Los Angeles Galaxy – featuring likely
appearances from David Beckham and the newly-acquired Juan Pablo Angel –
at Rio Tinto Stadium, where RSL has not dropped a match in its last 35
contests dating back to May of 2009. The evening of fun in Sandy will
start two hours before kickoff at 5:00 p.m. MT with an extended version of
the Carnival Real pre-game festival
on the stadium’s East Lawn, followed by the opening of gates at 6:00 p.m.,
when the first 10,000 fansRSL
through the gates will receive a 2011
- Tickets for the contest remain available and can be purchased online at RealSaltLake.com, over the phone at 801-727-2700, or in person at the Rio Tinto Stadium Box Office Monday-Friday from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. MT and beginning at 10:00 a.m. on gameday.