Athletic Training Intern
Head Athletic Trainer
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Five interns will be selected as part of Real Salt Lake’s Athletic Training internship selection process. Each internship position is part-time and begins March 1, although additional help during preseason may be required. Conclusion of the internship is December 1, but it too may vary based upon playoffs, CONCACAF, or the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Athletic Training interns are expected to assist the sports medicine staff in providing the highest quality care to Real Salt Lake athletes. You are also asked to seek out and take advantage of opportunities to become an integral part of patient care and rehabilitation. In addition to the aforementioned details, interns are also expected to aid in common daily Athletic Training duties, pre-training set-up and breakdown, and assist Real Salt Lake staff however necessary.
- Assist in providing athletic training services to Real Salt Lake athletes, this includes attendance at scheduled team practices and home competitions
- Maintain Athletic Training equipment and facilities
- Actively participate in daily team activities and Athletic Training duties
- Aid in daily treatment documentation
- Function as a member of the Stretcher Crew during home competitions
- Key interactions are with the staff Athletic Trainers, Strength & Conditioning staff, team physicians, and coaches
- Work with the Sports Medicine and Strength & Conditioning staff in team testing such as: Real Salt Lake Functional Movement Screen, return to play testing, and baseline concussion evaluations
- Collaborate with Sports Medicine staff regarding patient care and transportation to and from physician appointments
- Currently enrolled in a CAATE accredited Athletic Training program OR Certified Athletic Trainer.
- American Heart Association AED/CPR Certification for the healthcare provider.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Previous soccer experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
If you are interested please read this internship expectations document and review the application process, and then submit to Tyler Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This at-will position fulfills advertising and graphic needs including design, by working closely with internal clients including sponsorship, ticketing, and game production departments.
The following list of functions is descriptive of the work to be performed but it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, functions or tasks that the job may require.
- Assist in maintaining the brand standards of the Real Salt Lake, Rio Tinto Stadium and ESPN700.
- Create digital and print media, marketing collateral, advertisements, presentations, decks and promotional pieces as assigned.
- Participate in the creative process to develop campaigns and ideas.
- Develop design and branding for all digital properties as assigned.
- Ensure that all projects are created and delivered on time and that all artwork is consistent and updated.
- Contribute to a creative environment that is conducive to efficient, consistent design.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related study.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and all Microsoft Office programs. Flash, HTML and CSS, experience a plus.
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Serious work ethic, self-motivation, accountability and strong written and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 5 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 10 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, typing, etc.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and portfolio to Erin Rodgers at email@example.com
Real Salt Lake offers a unique opportunity for students to work within the Department of Sponsorship. The Real Salt Lake internship program will provide students with an invaluable experience that will benefit the pursuit of a career in almost any field.
These paid internships are awarded on an annual basis. Real Salt Lake is currently seeking qualified applicants for the 2016 Major League Soccer season. If you are a student or recent graduate with initiative, dedication, a strong work ethic, and sincere interest in Real Salt Lake, then you are encouraged to submit an application.
The RSL Sponsorship Department regards the internship program as a vital component to the success of the overall department. The efforts and contributions of the interns are heavily depended upon. It is essential that each intern recognize the importance of a strong commitment to RSL and the internship program. In return for such dedication, the RSL Sponsorship Department promises you one of the best hands-on internship experiences available.
This internship requires a minimum commitment of working every home game. There is the opportunity for additional work in the office and in the community, working on the various programs and special events managed by the Sponsorship department.
Please note that the RSL 2016 season will begin the first week of March and runs through November or early December.
Corporate Services Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Game day set up and takedown of Carnival Real and our sponsor hospitality tent
- Pre-game staging of partner giveaways and collateral
- Assist with the execution of our halftime production
- Assist with the distribution of sponsor deliverables pre and post game
- Set up and takedown of our Summer Soccer Series events
- Assist with outside player and mascot appearances
- Office hours will be required of each intern and their schedule will be dependent upon the availability of each individual intern
- Professional appearance, attitude, and communication skills as well as the ability to work with others is a MUST
- Flexible schedule; ability to work long hours
- Resourceful and proactive attitude
- Ability to take direction
- Customer service oriented
- Must be able to work at ALL home games in the 2016 season
- Manual labor will be required; ability to lift up to 40 pounds will be necessary
Real Salt Lake Sponsorship Internships require a commitment of time, energy, and effort. This includes regular attendance at meetings, office hours, and RSL games and special events. This internship will require you to work nights and weekends and continues throughout the summer and fall. Your signature below indicates you understand the nature of the RSL Internship program and you are willing and able to make this commitment.
If you are interested please submit resume and answer the following questions. Submit application to Kevin Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name, Email Address, College/University, Main Phone #, and Local Address
- Why do you want an internship with Real Salt Lake? How do you see it contributing to your future goals?
- How has leadership been a part of your academic/personal experience?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses when working with a team?
- Explain a situation when you were a part of a team. Tell us about a challenge you faced with the team and describe how you overcame it.
- What kind of computer skills do you possess? Do you have any experience using Microsoft Office?
- Give an example of a substantially large time commitment you have had and explain how you maintained your dedication and motivation to this undertaking.
- Have you ever worked in an athletic atmosphere before? In what capacity?
Note: After reviewing your application if selected, you will be notified via e-mail or phone for a second interview to appear before a group of representatives for further questions/evaluations.